Capsule Endoscopy Prep
- Stop taking all iron medications seven days prior to your procedure
- Eat a light supper the day before the procedure.
- Drink one bottle of magnesium citrate after supper.
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- For males: shave your abdomen six inches above and below the navel.
- Arrive at the hospital by 6:30 AM on the day of the procedure.
Contact the hospital immediately if you have any abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting after ingesting the capsule
- After ingesting the capsule do not eat or drink for at least 2 hours. After 4 hours you may get a light
- Stay away from electromagnetic fileds (i.e. MRI, CT, ham radios, etc.)
- No strenuous activities, avoid bending and stooping.
- Every 15 minutes (after ingesting the capsule) you need to verify that the green light at the top of the recorder is blinking.
- Do not remove the belt at anytime during the testing.
- Return to hospital 8 hours after ingesting the capsule.